INCLUSIVE AND EQUITABLE 8TH WARD
- Collaborate with residents and local business owners to identify and meet community needs.
- Connect community members and local business owners to collaborate and meet community needs.
- Support small businesses & local startups investing in our community and promoting equitable development and innovation.
- Find creative solutions to promote affordable, inclusionary housing with the cost of living rising in our Ward.
SMART PUBLIC SAFETY
- Address the root causes of criminal activity such as poverty and a lack of access to community, educational and other social/environmental resources.
- Tackle substance abuse in our community as a public health issue.
- Utilize social workers and mental health professionals to address safety issues stemming from mental health, as well as a first line of intervention with nuisance properties.
RACIAL AND ECONOMIC EQUITY
- Implement and support neighborhood-based calls to action of the Ferguson Commission Report.
- Empower women, immigrants, and persons of color in starting business and community projects in the Ward.
- Ensure economic development is benefitting ALL 8th Ward residents through community benefit agreements and intentional, equity-focused analysis of development projects.